At Dearman, we provide full packing and partial packing services and can assist you If you decide to pack yourself. We are glad to provide you with some tips or answer questions if you need.
We have experience packing every day items such as clothes, pots, pans, dishes, pictures, electronics and all those things you’ve got stored in your basement. We also can handle packing that family heirloom that is priceless to you or your trophy Buck, or a valuable oil painting you treasure. If it needs packed we can do it safely and professionally.
Again, be present to accept the delivery and pay charges. If you cannot be there, authorize another adult to be your representative.
Be available for contact from Personal Moving Coordinator and Van Operators to confirm times and delivery arrangements. When the moving truck arrives, check your items as they are unloaded, direct movers on where to place furniture, and keep all documents pertaining to your move in a safe place.
Finally, you get to settle into your new home! Here are a few more important tips to consider after everything is moved:
- Check in with your new post office and ask for delivery to start
- Check new state or local requirements for auto registration and driver’s license
- Select an attorney to go over new laws that pertain to your new destination – wills, transfer of property, investments, insurance regulations, taxes, etc.
- The first few weeks in a new place can be difficult! Try to meet new people, have a positive attitude, and find a comfort level at your residence, job, neighborhood, etc.
- Explore new grocery stores, restaurants, gyms and more in your area with this tool from United Van Lines.